From the Nurse
New requirements for Philadelphia students:
Upon admission and all 11th grade students are required to have a physical on file. Sports physicals are acceptable. A dental exam is required upon admission.
It is now required that we have parental permission to give Tylenol or Motrin in the event that your child should need them, ie: in the event of a headache, menstrual cramps, etc. Parents, please be sure to complete an S865 and have your student return it to the nurse.
Required forms are attached, sports forms are available from the coach.
- M23-Physical-Education-Form >>
- M155-Dental-form >>
- MED1-Medication-Administration >>
- MEH1-Physical-form >>
- School Student Medical Information / Emergency Contact S865-2018 >>
- Required immunizations effective 2017/2018 school year:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis, one must be after 4th birthday. Another dose is to be given at entry into 7th grade
- 4 doses of polio, one after 4th birthday and 6 mos. after the previous dose
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), both after 1st birthday
- 2 doses of chicken pox (Varicella), both after 1st birthday
- 3 doses of hepatitis B (HBV)
- 1 dose meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- First dose is given at 11-15 years of age
- A second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade
- If the first dose was given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
If your child has a medical condition or is In need of medication, please see the nurse, rm. 145.
If you have any questions/concerns please contact the school nurses at 215-400-3200 x 3.