Northeast Alumni, Mark Jay Tygel, donates $200,000 to PSU Arboretum
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — A $200,000 gift from Penn State alumnus Mark Jay Tygel will enable The Arboretum at Penn State to launch new educational programs on plant sciences and related topics. The new programs, which will be designed for members of the public, especially children and youth, will become available as early as this summer. Read More Here >>
Tony Danza Talent Show
The annual Tony Danza Talent Show is being held this year on Friday, May, 2019 at 6:00 PM. Ticket price is $8.00 in advance and can be purchased in the Arts Advisory Office in Room 129.Tickets will be $10 at the door the evening of the show.
First, I would like to thank our Northeast Alumni board members for their support during my tenure. Previous elected officials have been very beneficial to me with their expertise and guidance.
Next, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the Northeast students. When you walk through the hallways, gymnasiums, lunchroom or auditorium, you see all the diversification and harmony between all Northeast students. This gives me personal gratification and hopefulness that we can PAY IT FORWARD and that our Northeast High School VIKINGS will be in the forefront towards this mission.
We look forward to Alumni Day on Friday, May 3, 2019, which is our annual celebration where we honor the Wall of Fame recipients and a Northeaster of the year. This year, we have the distinct privilege and pleasure of paying homage and tribute to multi-talented Tony Danza for his continued and extraordinary dedication to Northeast. The annual Teacher versus Student Talent Show with Tony Danza.
Rosalind Barish Mazur, President
NE High Alumni Association
Dear Fellow Viking:
It has been an exciting time for Northeast and for me personally as I navigate my first year as Principal. I wish I could take credit for all of the great things happening at Northeast but our school is so incredible because of the great traditions that you and your peers established, and the tremendous energy that our current students bring. My aim is to represent and serve the 3,500 students and tens of thousands of Northeast alumni in celebrating and broadcasting our success. As I reflect on 2018 and look to the future we already have so much to share and talk about.
Northeast students making an impact in Philadelphia:
- Original student artwork highlighting immigration in partnership with Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture is on display at Cherry Street Pier.
- A Northeast senior was selected to sit on Philadelphia School Board to help hear and represent students’ perspectives in city-wide decision making.
- The AP Capstone program was recognized by Mayor Kenney and Superintendent Hite this summer for its outstanding success.
- The Northeast Choir, led by Dr. Fluellen, performed in January in honor of Martin Luther King Day.
- The 2018 Levin Run was a huge success!
- In partnership with the Mural Arts Program, we will be adding nine murals in the cafeteria to represent our student learning communities.
- And, of course, I am proud to say, On Thanksgiving Day, the Horse stayed with usI encourage you to become a member of the Northeast Alumni Association. We rely on the support of our members because the Alumni Association receives no funding from the school district to support outreach.
I’d like you to join us – at events and as a member of our alumni organization. Some upcoming events include:
- Tony Danza will return with the ExtravaDanza talent show on May 3, 2019. Tickets are $10.
- Convocation on May 28 and Graduation on June 3.
- Annual SPARC event TBD
- Class 168 will be having their 10 year reunion, Crème de le Crème, at Falls Manor on June 22nd 2019, contact the Alumni office or D’Juan Lyons for details.
Please consider visiting Northeast and reminding our students of the great things coming in their future as Vikings.
I look forward to meeting you,
Northeast High School
Wall of Fame 2018– Additional Northeast Hall Of Fame
Alumni-Day-2019– Alumni Day form